Defending You from Health and Safety Legislation Prosecution
The maximum possible penalty for Health & Safety offences varies, but can be huge. For example, for failure to comply with an improvement or prohibition notice is a £20,000 fine and/or a six month period of imprisonment.
This illustrates how serious any potential or actual Health and Safety prosecution can be to individuals and companies. You need protection.
Our HSE Prosecution Solicitors have over 20 years of defending cases like yours so start protecting yourself and your company now and contact us today!
THE MAXIMUM PENLTY possible under health and safety legislation depends on the specific offence. The maximum penalty, for example, for failure to comply with an improvement or prohibition notice is a £20,000 fine and/or a six month period of imprisonment.
This illustrates how serious any potential or actual HSE Prosecution can be to individuals and companies. At Professional Defence Lawyers we fully appreciate the potential consequences and we assure you that every effort will be made to protect the interests of any individual or limited company that instructs us.
HSE Prosecution Defence
A company or individual business may well receive a visit from the health and safety inspector in relation to a number of different situations. Usually the proceedings will begin to buy a visit to the business premises or location in a number of circumstances. There would then be a decision to prosecute provided there is sufficient evidence to support a health and safety prosecution and that it is in the public interest to do so.
A HSE Prosecution will normally follow in the following cases:
- Where a person has been killed due to a breach of health and safety law.
- Where the breach of health and safety regulations or injury is so serious or the general approach of the offender is so bad that it justifies a prosecution.
- Where there have been repeated warnings about failure to comply with health and safety regulations.
- Where work has been carried out without the health and safety license all wear work has been done in breach of the terms of any license.
- Where work has been carried out without a safety case where one is needed or there is a failure to follow the process is set out in a safety case.
- Where the standard of safety management falls far below that expected and causes significant risk.
- Where there has been a failure to comply with an improvement or prohibition notice.
- Where there has been a deliberate attempt to deceive the health and safety officer in relation to a matter which gives rise to a significant risk.
- The health and safety inspectors have been intentionally obstructed in the course of their duties.
Expert HSE Prosecution Solicitors
Our HSE Prosecution Solicitors bring a significant amount of expertise and experience to any such situation and that should be contacted immediately upon any notification from the Health and Safety authority that they intend to commence an investigation or criminal prosecution.
HSE Client Testimonials
"Professional Defence Lawyers were able to massively reduce the extent and level of seriousness of the health and safety prosecution we faced. They were outstanding throughout, and significantly reduced the financial penalty we expected to receive."
Read more about the Health and Safety Executive Prosecution case study.
"PDL successfully defended us in court and achieved a not guilty verdict when one of our employees was injured. PDL were able to see that the worker didn't follow the strict H&S procedures we have put in place and their expertise in this area helped us to prove our innocence."
Read more about the Provisions of Use at Work Regulation case study.
Contact Professional Defence Lawyers Today
Our expert HSE Solicitors have significant experience acting for the defence in HSE Prosecutions. We have been practicing in the Health and Safety field for over 20 years now, so please don't hesitate to contact us us free on 0800 634 7022 today.